Apps-madeingermany.de Forum

Welcome to my support forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-11 04:09:16

Fitzgibbin

I have a question about some of the settings in the app.

I was wondering what "Fake all locations passively" and "Insert locations actively" do.

I read the little descriptions below each setting but they still don't make much sense.

For "Fake all locations passively" it says: When the system has a new location just override the location information.

Does that mean that when the system gets a GPS lock and it tries to enter that information into the system, the app will see it before the system does, and overwrite it so that there are no conflicts?

And for "Insert locations actively" it says: Inserts locations at the predefined update speed.

Does that mean it will use the Step interval (ms) that we chose above to feed the faked data to the system? Or does it mean something else?

Also I was wondering why when the Xposed module is activated and the option to simulate the NMEA stream is active, I don't see any NMEA entries in the system log / logcat?

And last question, I promise. How can I check which version I'm running? If I've installed the app as a system app will it still be updated correctly through the playstore?

Thanks!

#2 2016-08-14 18:17:47

goodhearted

Re: I have a question about some of the settings in the app.

Question 1: i am not sure.
Question 2: Yes
Question 3: At the moment it does not insert a NMEA stream but only blocks the real one.
Question 4: How can you not know which version your running? You can see this on the app page in the playstore or in settings of your phone: Settings > Apps.
The app will update as system app correctly ( on my phone at least.

All this info can be found on the forum, so read first next time (:

Google it

#3 2016-08-15 20:41:17

Fitzgibbin

Thanks for the information Goodhearted. I had read through a bunch of the forum posts before asking my questions. I even tried searching the terms that I was asking about but nothing came up, maybe I'm just not used to this kind of forum format yet.

In reference to question 4 I was wondering if the version number is listed in the app somewhere. I knew it was listed in the playstore and settings, but I've never used an app as a system app before and I didn't know if the playstore was able to update the app regularly after it had been moved considering that I moved it and changed permissions manually. I didn't know if the playstore was able to follow those changes automatically and update the app correctly. I guess it does though.

Anyway thanks again for the information. I'm still very curious about question number 1 so if anyone has any further info let me know!

#4 2016-08-16 19:41:20

goodhearted

No problem!

Google it

Board footer