Apps-madeingermany.de Forum

Welcome to my support forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-12 14:56:12

lyrs

add app rename options (in*ress option)

Hi,
Can you add the feature to change the name of your applications? that anyone could pick own name or make "camouflage" under a well-known software?
it became known that in*ess client have a function "request list of installed software" and send this list to the server for verification. Name your software perfectly speaks about the essence of the software and is easy to get banned.

#2 2015-05-13 20:21:00

Tigablast

Re: add app rename options (in*ress option)

are you sure? where'd you get that info?
as far as I know Ingress wouldn't make a request like that just for Ingress. I mean, it's all user privacy and user right about any app they want to install on their phone.
please inform me if I'm wrong.

#3 2015-05-18 11:53:35

lyrs

one my friend (programmer) decompiled the client of game recently, he wanted to write the full bot (more as a hobby. He likes to solve complex problems). Here when he looked the android client, he told that found 2 things:
1) the client checks existence of root not at the request of execution the su command, it simply checks existence of binary files on a disk (therefore we can't fully hide root)
2) He found function of request of the list of the installed applications in the client, but seemingly usually the client doesn't do inquiry such. Therefore assumed that this function joins on demand with the game server.

now he was loaded strongly at work therefore I can't contact with him for obtaining more detailed information.

p.s. soory for my enlish, I use google translate

Last edited by lyrs (2015-05-18 11:56:16)

#4 2015-05-20 12:32:55

Appsmadeingermany
Administrator

Hello,

like Tigablast i think it's unlikely. But if you can tell me the name or position of the function that checks the installed apps i will have a look at it.
It's impossible to change the app name but it would be possible to block the check.

#5 2015-08-17 22:41:33

Eugene

You can see that function in the xprivacy. You can also block it there. Unfortunately i do not have xprivacy installed at the moment

Board footer